Thursday, August 21, 2008

I've noticed something since I've been in the US.
I feel like an attractive woman when I'm out in public.

In Japan, the only time that men are looking at me, I know it's because I am an oddity. I am a gaijin* in a country of Japanese. I'm a square block that doesn't fit in the hole.

On one hand, it is nice to feel attractive again, but on the other hand, I feel threatened. This is a generalization, but Japanese men are the most non-aggressive men I have ever been around. In the US, men look at you. Men flirt. And you know what? It freaks me out!

Thank God I've got Stan, so I can just ignore the rest!

*gaijin means foreigner, or outsider.

2 comments:

lauren carroll said...

i know exactly what you mean! i felt threatened by that attention too. it was almost embarassing to have someone check me out since it doesn't happen much here. i need me a stan. :)

Anonymous said...

I was in Japan last summer and know what you mean. I felt so ugly! And huge at 5'2":) Thought it was just me.