Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wow! I had Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door today! I was not exepcting that on a rainy, Saturday morning here in my little, Japanese village!
I told them (in Japanese) that I already went to church, and that I couldn't read Japanese well, so I didn't end up with any literature. I wonder if they'll be back before long with copies of the Watchtower in English...
I can't imagine being a door-to-door Missionary in Japan! As far as I know, only about one percent of the population in Japan is Christian. There are actually two churches in my town of about 11,000 people, and I got to one of them, but I don't think that's the norm!
I could imagine the missionaries getting invited in for tea more often though, because people don't realy understand what they're there for, and also because of societal pressure to be a good host if you have a visitor. I wonder if that's the case...

1 comment:

Paul said...

I had no idea they had Jehovah's witnesses in Japan, that's stunning!