Saturday, January 24, 2009

Last year I became totally obsessed with tawashi, or Japanese magic scrubbers.
I've made several for my mom, but she can't seem to bring herself to use them, because they're too cute! I've heard that same sentiment from others as well. And I've been asked if I really use mine to clean. My emphatic answer is: YES!
Tawashi work so great for scrubbing dried food off of dishes and pans. They clean counters and sinks like a dream. And best of all, they're cute and fun to use!
Below are some of the tawashi I regularly use in my kitchen. I keep my bathroom tawashi in a separate place.


These are all made by me, of course!

If you are a member of the crochet and knitting website Ravelry, check out the Tawashi Town group for more info.
You can also check out tawashi yarn and pattern books in my etsy store.

1 comment:

Marte said...

Seeing that every time you clean is bound to inflict a good mood :)

I use mine all the time too. I have a whole basket for the shower, another pile meant for cleaning the bathroom, and a HUGE pile for the dishes. Unfortunately the ones for the dishes look gross after a while, but I suppose that's because I clean the occasional greasy pan with them.

I only use the ones without faces, though. Anything WITH a face gets to just look pretty, because neither hubby nor I can bring ourselves to use them - they'd look all sad!