Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well, the Tokai region Kimono contest happened back in November, but I never managed to put up more than one picture! I will rectify that problem today.
The All-Japan Kimono contest will be on April 1st in Tokyo, so I'm getting quite excited!



Kate, me, Dave and Ryan waiting for the winners to be announced.


Smiling after I heard that I won second place!


Second, first, and third place in the foreigners division.


Dave with his trophy.


Receiving my second prize certificate.


Receiving my trophy from a woman with her obi tied like a tulip. Gorgeous, isn't it?


The first place winner receiving her certificate. Behind us are the children's contestants, the male contestants, and the women's casual kimono contestants.


My teacher, Tsuji Sensei and I after the contest.


Tsuji Sensei, me, and Aya, who also helped us with our training and preparation.


Everyone after the contest! I was still wearing my kimono, because I was on a contest high!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!
You've done so much to enrich your life in Japan.