Monday, February 25, 2008

Stupidest Song Ever

The daily 7am stupidest song ever was just broadcast over loudspeakers near my boyfriends house. It is then followed by announcements for the "senior citizens club". Those are the only announcements that ever follow the loud, annoying song. As if old folks can't be contacted by mail or telephone! Ugh.
My town used to blare announcements every morning over loudspeakers, but then they came up with the clever idea to put a transmitter into every home, so they could invade your private space with useless announcements! Needless to say, that monstrosity was promptly unplugged!

2 comments:

lauren carroll said...

ah, the loudspeaker songs. i have exactly reverse feelings about them depending on the day of the week. on weekdays, i'm happy for the lunchtime song, and even happier for the 5pm song, but on weekends, the 5pm song makes me very sad because my weekend days are diminishing fast. i'm glad there's no morning music, though!!

Stan said...

Every so often I still get the violent urge to run outside and destroy the loudspeaker when that thing goes off at 7am. Unfortunately that thing is so loud I can't pinpoint the source...