Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm having a quiet night in.

My kerosene heater is blowing out constant heat, which is a blessing. However, the smell is a curse. My kerosene heater and I have a love/hate relationship. I wouldn't trade it for anything, well, besides central heating. November and December 2005 were cold, cold months back when I didn't have this kerosene heater. It's odd, because it doesn't smell much when it's on full blast. It's mostly when I turn it down that it stinks. I don't really understand the science of it all.

It's almost eleven pm and I am definitely ready for bed. I definitely stay up later during the past year and a half or so. In the past, I remember multiple nights when I would pass out at 7:30 or 8 from sheer exhaustion. But now, I am often up past 11, watching downloaded TV and crocheting. I honestly think it's that combo that inspires me not to nap and not to fall unconscious onto the couch in the early evening. I always want to watch another show, or finish a bit more of my current crochet project. Lately, I've caught the lace crochet bug. I have been making doilies in bright colors. I love following the patterns and seeing these beautiful things emerge from the thread in my hands. I still have a lot to learn, but I feel like I am flying along and learning so much for a self-taught crocheter.

Ok, I think it's time to snuggle my fleece-clad body beneath my heavy covers and dream away the hours until I have to drag myself out of bed into my almost sub-zero apartment. O, how I hate winter mornings in Japan!

お休みなさい。

No comments: