Sunday, June 17, 2007

I had a lovely weekend.
On Friday night a big group went out for Indian food in Matsusaka to celebrate China and Naomi's birthday. Afterwards we had drinks at the ruins of Matsusaka castle, with a nice view of the city lights.
On Saturday, Stan and I headed down to Atashika Beach near Kumano. It was a long drive from Stan's house, and we got a late start. So, by the time we got to the beach we only had about an hour before everyone wanted to leave! Oh, well. The water was beautiful and I floated around for awhile. Spooner, Molly and I all got a running start to get into the water.

After the beach, more than ten of us headed to Allison's house for a BBQ and drinks. It was a lot of fun, and I even secured Stan and I the only available futon to sleep on.
This morning I got to play dominoes on the kitchen floor, and then we all got handmade gelato on the way home. Mmmm, it was delicious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! We had gelato the next day too--what a coincidence! Wasn't it sooooo good? Next BBQ is at Stan's place--can't wait!