Thursday, June 21, 2007

Last night Stan and I made Japanese food for dinner. You might think that we'd do that all the time, but although we live in Japan, we don't do it often enough. We crave foreign foods, so we cook a lot of foreign foods.
Dinner was very tasty, besides the hijiki and carrots, which was far too oceany for me. We had rice; miso soup with tofu and green onions; red, yellow and orange bell pepper kinpira with soy meat; and cold tofu with green onions, soy sauce, sesame and wasabi. I was really stuffed by the end.
I am more excited about tonight's dinner!
I found this delicious recipe at www.vanesscipes.com. Vanessa's recipes look amazing. I can't wait to make naeng myun (Korean cold noodle soup) tonight. I actually found her site by searching for naeng myun recipes! I had it on my last day in Korean last year and it was so good! It sounds perfect for the increasingly hot, sticky days here. Hopefully, I'll remember to take a picture of the noodles, so you can share in the joy.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for visiting my site! Now that it's offically summer I have to make these noodles again - they were sooooo good.

Please do post a pic if you take one.