Monday, June 25, 2007

I've got a naeng myun update!
Last week I made some of the delicious, cold Korean noodle soup, using Vanesscipes's delicious vegetarian recipe.
The only changes were:
I forgot to add the daikon.
I added "gochujang" (a spicy Korean paste) to the broth and plopped some on top.
I used somen noodles, because somen is so good in the summer!

I've got one word for you people...
YUMMY!
Clink on the above link ASAP for this delicious recipe!

Here's the first bowl I made. It was a bit small to hold all the deliciousness.


Here's my second helping, which I put in a bigger bowl.


Last night Stan and I made fresh rolls with peanut sauce and kinpira gobo. Kinpira gobo is one of my very favorite Japanese foods! It's sauteed burdock root and carrots, with a yummy sesame/soy flavor. Mmmmm, it's so amazing. Our fresh rolls had fried tofu, asparagus, nira (garlic chives), bean sprouts, carrots, and rice noodles.
O, it was such a yummy dinner!

Here are some of my fresh rolls. I'm not the best roller, but they taste delicious!


Here's my beloved kinpira gobo!

2 comments:

Paul said...

Wow, everything looks delicious! That soup sounds awesome, but I'm not sure where I could get the asian pear, but I'm sure that I could find it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your food looks delicious.

haha, so how old is your brain???