Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tonight's dinner is garlic mashed potatoes with sauteed onions, corn, and vegetarian gravy. Yummy. I am also having some cold, Korean corn tea. Have you ever had corn tea? It's amazing!

I wanted to stay home tonight and cook with food that I already had. I almost always have onions and garlic in my home. I absolutely love onions and garlic! I think that my friend Lauren is afraid of how much I love onions!

Mashed potatoes are my favorite comfort food. I absolutely love my mom's mashed potatoes. Although we always argue about how much butter to put in (me wanting more than her)!

I am not very fond of baked potatoes though. You see, there were many nights when I was young when baked potatoes with butter was all we had for dinner. I remember lucky nights when we also had sour cream or cheese and broccoli, but from what I can remember, it was usually just butter. We ate them so much, that I still have a distaste for them today.

1 comment:

Laura Michele Lanzetta said...

Oh ...will I never live down those baked potato dinners?

Now I eat NO potatoes as I practice the blood-type diet.

A mother's true forgiveness comes when her children experience the "joys (and sorrows) of parenting" for themselves!