Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I got involved with a project called "Blogging by Mail" recently. I sent a package of some of my favorite things to
Rachel
, and I received a package of favorite things from Jen!
Thank you so much, Jen! Your package exceeded any expectations I had!


My AMAZING package from Jen


I got delicious teas, flavored sugar and salt, an adorable strawberry stamp (which I will use in my classes), boston baked beans, scented candles, Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap (I love that stuff!), a Ray Bradbury book, dried lavender, FREEZE DRIED STRAWBERRIES, and more!!!!
It was such a great combination, and her box contained so many things that I am excited about. I had a big smile on my face as soon as I opened it!

Jen's website, , has lots of delicious recipes on it, so I tried one out last week. I made Lemon Blueberry granita. It was my first time eating or making granita, and it was delicious! Mine turned out a bit too sweet, because I couldn't find 100% blueberry juice, but I adjusted it by adding a bit more lemon juice. I highly recommend trying this out. It's so easy!


Lemon Blueberry Granita

If you're interested in checking out Blogging By Mail next year, go to The Happy Sorceress!
Happy blogging!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked it!

Heh. I keep a package of those freeze-dried strawberries in my desk drawer AT ALL TIMES. That way if I have to grab cereal enroute to work, I can have strawberries in my cereal. :-)

Glad you liked the granita recipe, too!