Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thank you, Vanessa! Another one of your delicious "Vanesscipes" has made my tummy happy as can be!
I decided that it was Stan's turn to cook for me on Friday, and I pointed him in the direction of two great looking recipes: Corn Pudding with Roasted Tomatoes.
The pudding reminded Stan of fresh creamed corn. We both agreed that it was sweet, creamy and delicious. The tomatoes were tart and flavorful. When you put the tomatoes on top of the pudding and ate them together, they were wonderful!!!
We also had sandwiches, but I didn't get a decent picture!




And here's the adorable chef...

Look closely at this picture. There is a small area between the sink and the stove that Stan's thin body is blocking. That sliver of space is the entirety of Stan's counter space! It's just over a foot wide! He lives in an average-sized Japanese house, and has approximately one foot of counter space. How can you cook for one or two people with that much counter space, let alone a whole family! Oh, how I hate Japanese kitchens!!!!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hi Megan - you really did right by my recipe... it looks so yummy in that bowl that I want to lick the screen!
Do you have any farmer's markets near you? would love to see what one looked like there.