Saturday, July 14, 2007

There's a typhoon hitting Japan this weekend, which means that all my plans have been cancelled...and I couldn't be happier (about the staying home part)!
There have been evacuations and injuries in Kyushu. While the typhoon will be passing through Mie, it looks like I'm not in any immediate danger.

I have been sitting around with Stan all weekend. And it's a long weekend in Japan, which means that I've got two more days of this heaven left!

We went shopping on Friday night and then did a little supplementary shopping today.
Poor Stan's fridge just can't handle groceries for more than two days. It's pitiful and tiny and we both hate it. Thank God we only have to feed ourselves!


All of you out there with full-sized fridges, count your blessings!

But back to the real story...
I found tortillas at a foreign food store this week, so last night was "Mini Burrito Night"!!!!!!!! Mini burritos may sound like nothing special to you, but I haven't been able to find tortillas in months! They were sooooo good. We were deliriously happy and full!

This morning Stan made me whole wheat, banana-chocolate pancakes. Good man!
For lunch he made me toasted sandwiches. Another good move!
For dinner I made our new favorite comfort food, Kimchi Yakisoba!

In between all this stuffing my face, I have been enjoying citrus white wine spritzers and watching downloaded TV programs! I downloaded the whole second season of "Top Chef", and Stan and I have been having a "Top Chef" marathon! I've also been catching up on "Men in Trees".

I'm looking forward to another heavenly, lazy day tomorrow! I hope your weekend is as great as mine!

3 comments:

Paul said...

Ever watch Hell's Kitchen or Next Food Network Star? Also great stuff! Top Chef has better judges though.

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa said...

I spent a year in England and would have killed for a taco so I totally understand your burrito happiness!