Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crochet, crochet, crochet, crochet...


I've been busy crocheting. I can literally crochet for hours a day. I love to crochet while I watch TV, and I can even crochet while I read a book.
Recently, my mom told me that my grandmother and great-grandmother were talented crocheters. I remember my grandma making homemade clothes for my Cabbage Patch kids, but I couldn't remember if they were knitted or crocheted. Well, they were crocheted!! It made me so happy to know that I am carrying on a craft that my grandmother and great-grandmother had a passion and a talent for! I hope that one day I can team my own daughter to crochet, and maybe my mom, too!

Check out some of my fall and winter creations...

I made this scarf for myself in just about a day and a half. I used 2 colors of silk garden yarn by Noro, a Japanese yarn maker. The pattern is called "spider web lace".

I made this scarf for my friend Keiko. I used the "Catherine Wheel" pattern, which I am absolutely in love with!

Here's a close up of the "Catherine Wheel" pattern.

I made this scarf for my friend Mary, using hand-dyed cotton yarn for the scarf and wool on the border. She told me she wears it all the time. Yay!

I made this granny square scarf for one of my young cousins. I hope she likes it!


One of my first "technicolor doilies" made for Molly for Christmas.

No comments: