Sunday, January 27, 2008

My 30th birthday at Nishiki Jr. High School


I was tempted to take my 30th birthday off work, but I was scheduled to go to my favorite school that day, Nishiki junior high school. I also knew that some of my students knew it was my birthday and might bring me cards or presents, so I decided to just take the afternoon off, so I could see the students who had brought so much joy and laughter to my life during the past two and a half years. It was a wise decision. I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to make cupcakes, but I did bring candy for my students and we played English games during all my lessons.

These are my 8th grade students.


These are my 9th grade students. I don't know how Gou ended up on Chikashi's shoulders!


Here I am with my 7th grade students, in a bizarre formation. Why is Kenta sitting in front of everyone else? Who knows!! They were too hyper to even attempt to wrangle them into a nicer formation.


A few of my 9th grade students brought my presents and wrote me birthday letters. Look at all my cute stuff! The girls who did this for me have been my students since their first year in junior high school and will graduate in March, 2008. It has been a joy to watch them grow and learn, and I know that I will never forget them!

No comments: