Sunday, January 27, 2008

Elementary Christmas!
Every year I teach a Christmas lesson to my various elementary school classes. It's one of my favorites, because we talk about Christmas. The children are, without fail, shocked to hear that most Americans don't eat Christmas cake and Kentucky Fried Chicken in America on Christmas (typical Japanese Christmas foods). And we make Christmas cards, a novelty in Japan! I love watching the kids make cards, and it's a very low stress lesson for me. I also added a new level of fun by bringing in a CD of Christmas carols for us to listen to!

Everyone's very studious. That's the kerosene heater in the center. Yay, heat!

Anna's working hard to draw a cute Santa. I told her that I have a cousin named Anna. She was quite pleased!

Shunki (shoon-key) was not interested in smiling for my photo. He's usually a devilish class clown. I think his name suits him well, because it's cute and reminds me of the word "chunky".

On the fourth grade cork board, they had this poster about my Halloween lesson. It put a big smile on my face knowing how much fun my kids had!

No comments: